Monday, October 3, 2016

Dear Parents and Guardians,

please find the vocabulary taught throughout the grades.
2nd Grade vocabulary:

Unit 1:  Bonjour!

   a-   Greetings

*Bonjour (formal)/  Salut  (informal)

*Comment ça va? How are you?

*Ça va? How are you? (informal)

*Oui, ça va. (I’m fine).

* Ça va comme ci comme ça. (I ‘m ok).

*Ça va mal. (I don’t feel good).


b-                Introduce self and others

Moi, c’est ……. (introduce self in a casual way).

Je m’appelle …….. (introduce self in a formal way).

Il s’appelle ……………..His name is …….

 

Elle s’appelle ……… Her name is ……..

I’m ………..  old.  J’ai ………………. ans.


c-                 Classroom commands.

 écoute (listen), regarde (look), montre (show), mime (imitate, mimic), chante (sing), écris (write), parle (tell), relie (find the pairs), complète (complete), compte (count), dessine (draw), découpe  (cut)

 
d-                Counting

Using our fingers, when appropriate, we can count from 0 till 12 and we need to recognize the numbers in letters also.

0   zéro, 1  un, 2  deux, 3  trois, 4  quatre, 5  cinq,  6   six,  7   sept,  8  huit,  9  neuf,  10  dix,  11  onze,   12  douze,  13   treize,  14  quatorze,  15  quinze,  16    seize,  17    dix-sept,  18  dix-huit,  19    dix-neuf,
20  vingt.

 

3rd grade all the above   plus  :

e-                Les formes géométriques/ shapes

Un triangle / a triangle

Un rectangle / a rectangle

Un rond, un cercle/ a circle

Un carré / a square

 

f-                  Les couleurs / the colors

Rouge                      red

Bleu                          blue

Blanc                         white

Green                         vert

Yellow                        Jaune

Purple                        violet

Orange                      orange

Noir                            black

     

g-                Qu’est-ce qu’il fait? What is he doing?

Qu’est-ce qu’elle fait? What is she doing? / the action verbs

Chante                       (sing)

Saute                         (jump)

Cours                         (run)

Apprends                   (learn)

Téléphone                 (call)

Peins                          (paint)

Il ( he )  chante  -    elle  (she)  chante.

Il  (he) saute  -        elle   (she)  saute

Il  (he)  court  -      elle   (she) court

Il telephone   -      elle telephone

Il peint  -                 elle peint

Il apprend le Français.

Elle apprend le Français.

4th-5th Grade:

-         The greetings (above)

-         Counting orally till 31

Dire l’heure/ what time is it?

·       Pile/ o’clock : 5 o’clock,

il est 5 heures pile.

 

·       : 15/ et quart  : it is  5:15

   Il est 5 heures et quart.

 

·       : 30/ et demie  : it is 5: 30

   Il est 5 heures et demie.

 

·       : 45/ moins le quart/ 15 minutes till

It is 2:45   .

                   il est 3 heures moins le quart.



La routine quotidienne


·       Je me reveille   ………….I wake up

·       Je me lève  ………………. I get up

·       Je me douche …………… I take a shower

·       Je m’habille ……………I put my clothes on

·       Je prends mon petit déjeuner, I eat my breakfast

·       Je me coiffe ……………. I brush my hair

·       Je me brosse les dents, I brush my teeth

·       Je vais dormir,   I go to sleep

·       Je vais à l’école,  I go to school

 et chez vous! ....... and at home!
 
I request your help to encourage and support the learning. Please ask your child to bring their notebook home and review the vocabulary taught for 5-10 minutes daily. This will allow them to be able to accomplish any challenging task.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment