Wednesday, August 3, 2016


Dear Parents and Guardians,

I would like to send you a warm welcome back to a new school year! I am delighted and very excited to have the opportunity to continue the French journey with your students. As we look forward for the first day of school, I would like to introduce myself to new families.

My name is Salwa Gebara. Born and raised in Lebanon, I got all my education through a French based school. I was teaching Kindergarten (10 years) French and Math while completing a BA in Child Psychology. I left Lebanon during the long civil war and went to France. I had to change careers, went to “Pigier” Techniques and graduated as Head Secretary.  I worked in Paris as a Medical secretary for almost 5 years. I got married in the USA and established my life in AZ for almost 20 years now. When my children were 18 months, they went to Tutor Time and so did I. I worked for them as a care giver for 11 years. I am now at my 5th year teaching French for Great Hearts, my 2nd year at Archway Arete.

Here at Archway Arete, we are committed to providing French classes where the children are fully immersed in French. We will be using a French program called “Les loustics”. It is a fun, creative, action-oriented course full of visual and audio documents that reflect the lively world of children and gives them a zest for learning. It uses a gradual, spiral approach to reinforce learning from one lesson to the next. Each unit consists of five lessons offering a variety of activities and a glossary. 2nd Grade is going to start “Les Loustics 1” and 3rd-4th and 5th Grades are going to review the first part of it and continue the last 3 units with developmentally appropriate activities. When we start the Unit, I am going to request your help to encourage your students to review and repeat daily the glossary of terms stored in their notebook. You may use also Google translate as a means of interpreting them.

them. Google also has a pronunciation feature which can be useful at times.


If there are any questions or concerns regarding the class, please see me during Curriculum night 08/17 or 08/24. I look forward with great honor to meeting you and working with each of your children.

Warm and kind regards,

 

Madame Salwa Gebara



(480) 222-4233 ext 2105

gebaraaretefrench.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment