Wednesday, August 5, 2015




Bonjour et Bienvenue !

I am so excited about the year ahead of us and look forward to meeting each of your students and help them learn the French Language. They will gain an elementary knowledge of the language, the francophone culture, traditions, geography, and history.  We are going to follow the natural sequence of language learning: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Grammar is not ignored but is learned indirectly. At the end, we want them to be able to use grammar structures correctly in the French language.

 

Le coin de l’Institutrice/Teacher’s Corner

 

My name is Salwa Gebara. I was born and raised in Lebanon where I had a chance to be part of an immersion French program during my elementary and secondary classes. I have a degree in Child development and Psychology and taught for 9 years Kindergarten/1st Grade French as a second language in Beirut, Lebanon. I spent 6 years working in Paris as I moved to live there with my family. In the USA, I worked for 11 years in the daycare center where I placed my children. Having been given the opportunity to teach again the French Language at the Archway level, I am so excited to share with the students the gift of another language that lays a solid foundation for effective communication skills that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment